Installing BarDIMM Pro – September 2022
BarDIMM Pro USB stick for HP printers
This chapter is only applicable to BarDIMM Pro on USB stick for HP printers. For the BarDIMM Box, please refer to the next chapter.
- Ensure to define the Local Administrator Password of the printer embedded device web page printer to allow solutions to be active.
Verify that the BarDIMM Pro you are installing is compatible with your printer model. The list of models and BarDIMM Pro part number is available here:
HP LaserJet printers released after August 1st, 2022, are not supplied with the USB slot needed to connect third-party solutions delivered on Plug&Play USB sticks. They support BarDIMM Pro part numbers JM30100Y and JM300100Z.
There are three solutions to install the BarDIMM Pro USB stick in those devices:
- Purchase the HP optional Internal USB expansion kit 4XN67A adding two-Internal USB-C Ports for Solutions and order the BarDIMM Pro part number JM30100Y (with USB-C stick)
- BarDIMM Pro part number JM30100Z can be installed inside the printer formatter after unplugging the USB cable that goes to the printer/MFP walkup USB plug (that many Enterprise clients deactivate for security purposes anyway).
- Connect the USB stick to the external USB port.
HP LaserJet printers released after January 1st, 2021, and with ‘4’ as their first digit (i.e., LaserJet M480ef) only have 1 or 2 external USB ports, no internal port. They support BarDIMM Pro part number JM30100Z.
HP LaserJet printers released between January 1st, 2015, and January 1st, 2021, are not supplied with the USB slot needed to connect third-party solutions delivered on Plug&Play USB sticks. They support BarDIMM Pro part numbers JM30100F and JM30100X. There are two solutions for those devices:
- Purchase the HP optional kit B5L28A adding two-Internal USB Ports for Solutions
- Purchase the BarDIMM Pro part number JM30100X, it is the JM30100F plus a set of special cables that allow connecting the BarDIMM USB stick to the printer controller board using a micro-USB connector.
Older HP LaserJet printers have from two to four USB-A connectors, the BarDIMM Pro USB stick can be installed in any of these slots.
Warning: Hazardous voltages are present in the printer. You must properly switch off the printer, and unplug the printer from the LAN and from the power plug before opening any access cover of the printer. Never remove any access cover or work near exposed electrical parts while the power cable or network cable is connected to the printer or to the wall. Ensure your hands and the environment are clean and dry. If you are not an IT hardware specialist, you must ask a trained and qualified IT technician to install the USB stick for you. Jetmobile shall bear no responsibility for any direct or indirect damage to individuals, the printer, or the surrounding property related to the installation of BarDIMM Pro.